What is the Closing Process?
What is Title Insurance?
Where is Standard Title Located?
WHAT IS THE CLOSING PROCESS?
This is by far the most frequently asked question. We have simplified the process into the following steps:
- Standard Title receives the contract.
- Order is placed for Title Search. Title Search sometimes called Abstract. Includes: Search history of property.
- Owners of Record – Liens, all documents filed by legal description. Search of Seller, Liens, Suit records.
- Title Search is examined by Standard Title’s legal staff.
- Title Commitment is prepared and issued to Lender.
- Escrow Officer processes file.
- Standard Title receives loan documents (email, facsimile, courier).
- Escrow Officer prepares Settlement Statement and file for review by Lender and Real Estate Professional prior to closing.
- Buyers and Sellers attend closing. All legal documents are executed.
- Escrow Officer receives final approval to fund from the Lender.
- Escrow Officer disburses file (writes and deposits checks).
- Seller, Real Estate Professional and other parties to the closing transaction receive their respective checks.
- Legal Documents are recorded in the Parish Courthouse.
- Title Policies are issued.
- Closing package is forwarded to the Lender.
WHAT IS TITLE INSURANCE?
Title insurance protects you against financial loss, which may occur as a result of an undiscovered defect in your title, or liens on the property you are purchasing, which may not have been disclosed at the time of purchase. In other words, in the unlikely event that the person selling you the property did not have a legal right to do so, title insurance would compensate you for any loss that might result when this information comes to light.
OUR ADDRESSES ARE:
217 Rue Louis XIV #100
Lafayette, LA 70508-5778
826 Moss Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601-4363